Subscribe to Ambassadors Appeal

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Lord, Do Something"

Guest Author: Michael Koulianos

A few weeks ago, I was sitting with my family at our dinner table.  We had just finished praying for our food and thanking Jesus for His goodness.  One of the kids asked me a question about non-traditional/non-Biblical marriage.  He had heard a young boy at school ask someone a question about the topic.  I was taken off guard that I would have to discuss something of this nature with such young children.  As a Christian parent, it is our commission from the Holy Spirit to raise our children in God’s Word.  If we do not raise our children in the Scriptures, the world will certainly not.  So, I went through the Old and New Testament with them and proceeded to show them the examples of the Godly marriages of those who love them and are in their lives.

Young Christians are facing situations that we never faced at such an early age.  Instantly, a deep concern for the youth of America was burning in my heart.  I went to bed and woke up the next morning around 4 a.m. with the burden only intensifying.  The burden was not over one specific sin, but for the love and pain that Jesus has for this generation.  It is a  desire to see our youth living in His Presence.  After all, the issue is not the “sins” of people alone.  Rather, it is in “sin” itself, which is a life that lives without the loving rule of Jesus.

After spending time with Jesus, I drove to a Catholic retreat center which we were using to invest large amounts of quality time and spiritual depth into a group of Christ for All Nations apprentices.  I have had the absolute pleasure and honor of working with these young men as a guest instructor, under the leadership of Reinhard Bonnke and Daniel Kolenda.  We believe that these young men will be used by God to flood the nations with the love of Jesus.

I arrived to the retreat center before the sun was up and about an hour before I was scheduled to teach.  I love prayer gardens and Christian art, so I made my way to the portion of the garden where there stood a twelve foot Crucifix with a beautiful bronze sculpture of the Crucified Christ transfixed with nails.  Still, grieving in my heart for the state of America and for the Church, I began to pray in this beautiful and serene setting.  There was absolute silence except for the peaceful breeze and the sound of the surrounding wildlife.

I began to cry out to the Lord, “Jesus, move in America.  Please Lord.  Move again here.       LORD, DO SOMETHING.  YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.  LORD, PLEASE DO SOMETHING.”   Instantly, as I was staring at a sculpture of the Lamb of God who was crucified for all, I heard the Holy Spirit.   He gently yet firmly said, “DO SOMETHING?  YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO SOMETHING?  YOU ARE LOOKING AT A PIECE OF ART THAT IS BEAUTIFULLY DEPICTING THE REDEMPTION OF THE WORLD AND YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO SOMETHING?  YOU ARE LOOKING AT A CROSS WHICH REMINDS YOU OF THE FACT THAT I, THE ETERNAL WORD, BECAME A MAN AND DIED FOR ALL………..AND YOU ARE ASKING ME TO DO SOMETHING!!!!?

The Holy Spirit then said, “I’ve done all I need to do.  You do something, MICHAEL!  It’s your turn to carry a cross and climb the mountain of shameful suffering as you hold true to my heart and Word.”   Needless to say, I was shot through.  How funny I must have looked as I stood before a massive Crucifix asking God to do something.  Has God ever done anything greater?  Has the Universe ever seen something so majestic?  The creator dying for creation……..

I say all of this to challenge you my friend.  Accept the cross that Jesus places in your hand, with full assurance that the work has been done and that Jesus has secured the victory.  Side with and fully affiliate with all Jesus is and all He has said.  Choose the path of the cross as a thank you to the Master.   Jeanne Guyon said, “God gives us the cross and the cross gives us God.”    Say yes to Jesus today.  Go after Him with a reckless pursuit.    DO SOMETHING…….


In Jesus,

Michael Koulianos




If you liked Ambassadors Appeal, why not tell a friend? They can subscribe here.

2 comments:

  1. Its time to stop praying for the answer and its time to become the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dan for this message from Michael. It resonates with me. As you know, since the time you and I met back in the 90's, my heart has broken for those around the world who don't know Jesus and especially those who have never heard. I was steely focused on missions outside the US as everyone here has opportunity. Well over the past months I have been increasingly looking at an entire generation in America that does not know Jesus and have never been touched by His church. My burden is increasing for the
    youth as I now recognize clearly we are but a generation away from becoming a totally secular nation void of the moral bearing of Christ that has guided us for over 200 years. Yes we must do something and do everything we can now! Scott L.

    ReplyDelete